LEGAL DISCLOSURE REQUIREMENTS
EACH YEAR PLAN SPONSORS FACE AN EXTENSIVE AND EXPANDING LIST OF DISCLOSURE REQUIREMENTS FOR WELFARE PLANS.
Some notices are tied to health care reform. Other notices are tied to Title 1 of ERISA which protects the interests of participants and their beneficiaries in employee benefit plans. Furthermore, plan sponsors must stay informed on notices for Medicare Part D, CHIPRA, WHCRA, etc. It is the responsibility of the plan sponsor to comply with these disclosure requirements and determine who is providing what notice for both insured and self-insured plans.
Many employers struggle with:
- What notices are required
- When they must be distributed
- The most efficient way to distribute these notices
Key Benefits to Working with RT Consulting:
A compliance communications team with a combined 105 years experience of communicating clearly and accurately about employee benefits, along with deep knowledge of plan provisions and current regulatory requirements.
- Compliance experts who track updates to existing notices, and can proactively alert clients to newly required communications.
- Visually appealing, stand-alone booklets consolidating these legally required notices.